Friday, April 29, 2011

The Irresistable Maxi goes for Baroque

Hello, ladies! Well, last night went great! I personally think the dress rehearsal was better vocally all around, but it was a great to get back into the swing of doing a solo concert again. It's been a long time! And I'm excited about collaborating again with this program at another venue (fingers crossed someone else will hire us!). I want to thank the ladies who wished me well and said sweet things about my sound sample. You guys are the sweetest!

And...the dress. FAB. It was a big hit. Even though I had it tailored, I still find it a touch too long. But whatever. Tracy Reese is on a roll, dude.

Cats in the pictures again. Hams.



Um...what to wear for shoes? Glad Rags T-Straps! The only heel I had high enough to accommodate the hem.

Anyway, tons of auditions coming up. I hate auditioning. It's so awkward always makes me super nervous, but c'est la vie.

I also have a new obsession: San Pellegrino Limonata. It's so good. Does anyone else love this little can of soda? I don't even like to drink soda, but somehow, when it's European and fancy, then it's okay. I don't even know if it's actually soda.

This crap appeals to my former European-dweller sensibilities. Why is it so good?! Is it laced with something? Crack? Plus, it's called "Limonata" which is fun to say, because it's L-eemon, not Leh-mun. Lee-moh-nah-tah...mmmmm...

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Kay, you look gorgeous! That color and the shape - you've convinced me that we petites can wear maxis after all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look absolutely wonderful Kay!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzer, you look stunning in that! I am so glad you went for that dress :D I finally got my speakers to work, and you sound fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wooooowwwww! U make me want to buy this dress right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look stunning like you should be walking the red carpet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sooo glad you got that dress - honestly, you look like PERFECTION. It is the most beautiful thing on you...and will always be a timeless piece. Those shoes with it? Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This dress suits you perfectly- I love the colour and the simple details. The length seems perfect, but then maybe just with the heels, as you say!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look awesome and the blue makes you appear like a gem! Good luck on your auditions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, thanks, Ladies! It was fun to wear this and I am in Tracy Reese's debt for such an elegant design.

    And, like Patti said...petites CAN wear maxi and get away with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sooo glad you got that dress - honestly, you look like PERFECTION. It is the most beautiful thing on you...and will always be a timeless piece. Those shoes with it? Amazing.

    ReplyDelete