Thursday, December 9, 2010

Skirt Reviews & The Mary Shirtdress

I've been a bad blogger...but I'm back. I have been holding on to some reviews for a while, but here they are! Skirts for your anthrophilic enjoyment!



First of all, the photos (both mine and the ones available on the website) do NOT do this skirt justice. I walked by it in the store and it stopped me in my tracks. It's all kinds of gorgeous and sparkly. it's a mini-skirt length, but on me, it fits the way a normal skirt should, which is okay with me.  This is the xs and it's very well-fitting and comfortable. I really cannot say enough good things about this little skirt, which is definitely a showstopper. This, however is an almost $200 skirt, so it's a splurge for sure, but is perfect for that fancy holiday party you might be attending. If you have no occasion to wear this little number, wait for the sale. At that price point, I can't imagine there would be none left at sale time.

Jacquard Missive Skirt $158 Eva Franco



It's the Aniseed Skirt's fancy pants cousin. This skirt isn't something I'd normally gravitate to, but since I missed trying the Aniseed Skirt, I thought I'd see how it fit. I thought it was all kinds of cute. With some heels and a cute top, this could easily be your next holiday party outfit staple. It's a shiny, silky polyester (I know...really?), but it feels high quality. I think it's worth the splurge as it has massive cuteness going for it.

Wooded Hideaway Skirt $148 Corey Lynn Calter



I loved the little cute woodland pattern on this skirt and the silk is very soft and flows nicely. I just can't figure out if it's supposed to be a mini or not. I would prefer that the length be a little shorter, but I still like it. At $148, it's a little pricey for me, but I would pick it up on sale if it got a second cut perhaps.

And here was Tuesday's OOTD the Mary Shirtdress which they must have ten million of or no one else likes but me, because it's still available in nearly every size and colorway (including petites). I happen to really like this little dress though! Maybe it'll get a second cut and I'll get a PA? A girl can dream..

That's it, ladies! I'll be heading to Anthro tomorrow so I look forward to trying some more new arrivals for you. Any requests?

Happy Thursday everyone!

6 comments:

  1. wow Kay, that jacquard missive skirt looks amazing on you! I always thought that petites would look overwhelemed in it but you`ve made me rethink that skirt (which could be a very bad thing for my wallet...but such is the price of fashion...*sigh*)

    i do have 2 requests- the Ever Present Tee
    http://tinyurl.com/28t2fqp
    (interested in seeing how the corset laces work)

    and the Art School Confidential Top
    http://tinyurl.com/27zsobh

    thanks so much Kay, you`re a doll! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Mary Shirtdress will definitely get a second cut. My store still had a whole rack of them. Love the Jacquard Missive skirt. I waited for the Aniseed skirt to go to second cut, and missed it. I won't buy the Jacquard Missive skirt at FP, but maybe at first cut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gryphon skirt is lovely on you, but yes, I think waiting for a sale cut would be best. You look adorable in your mary shirtdress, it is great that it worked out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I snapped the Mary up right away when it went on sale- not used to things I want getting a second cut. I don't know why it ain't selling- the fabric and cut are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great in the Mary dress! I love it and have it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow Kay, that jacquard missive skirt looks amazing on you! I always thought that petites would look overwhelemed in it but you`ve made me rethink that skirt (which could be a very bad thing for my wallet...but such is the price of fashion...*sigh*)

    i do have 2 requests- the Ever Present Tee
    http://tinyurl.com/28t2fqp
    (interested in seeing how the corset laces work)

    and the Art School Confidential Top
    http://tinyurl.com/27zsobh

    thanks so much Kay, you`re a doll! :)

    ReplyDelete