Monday, November 8, 2010

Reviewed: Bianka Blouse, Wildflowers-In-Flight Top, Whipped Woolen Cardigan (Second Look) & D'armee Dress

Good morning, Ladies! I hope everyone had a relaxing weekend! I was quite the busy bee and I am JUST exhausted. Two 2 1/2 hour concerts, my church gig and the Radio Show...I'm pooped. I wish I was off today, but gotta keep on keepin' on...gotta make the money for my Anthro habit! I thought I'd start the week with a few reviews.

First up is the much-reviewed Bianka Blouse $68 Odille


Here is the much-coveted black print colorway, which is very cute. This top is available in so many colors, it's not even funny. However...I understand. This is a very flattering little blouse. I have actually tried this on before and loved it. I don't know why I haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. I think I may love the Deuxhill Cowlneck more...especially the new black with print colorway! Anyway, I think it's a good buy. These are flying out of the store at full price, so I think it's worth it.

Next is the Wildflowers-In-Flight Top, $78 Porridge  which seems to me to be the Blacklight Blouse or the Polynya Corset Blouse (okay, that one is a little different) but a different color, right? And...uh...brand I guess. I don't know what's going on with the 3 identically designed tops but in different colorways, but whatever.



Okay, it's pretty cute! I'm not going to lie, it was a teeny, tiny bit big, but I think I would would buy it and get it taken in a bit. It's really adorable. I'm not crazy about the colors so I would be more inclined to try the other colorway, but I really like it. It would be totally cute under a jacket or cardi with some jeans for a night out on the town for some cocktails! Wishlisted for sale, only because I'm cheap and I don't need this.

Here's a second review for the Whipped Woolens Cardigan $98 Birds on a Wire. I tried this cardi on in my very first post. I was disappointed then.



Sadly, I continue to be disappointed. I loved this so much when it hit the website, but I just can't get past the fact that it looks kind of sloppy. The little hook and eye closure didn't help it. Pass for me, not even on sale.

Lastly, is the oft-blogged D'armee Dress $138 Parimeter.



Aw. This dress is so cute on the hanger, but unfortunately, it didn't fit me at all. The military style is so cute and I love the Army Green color, but something about the fit is off. Maybe it's not a dress for xs petites. I'm sad. Back to the racks for further consideration. I may try to convince myself it's worth it on sale or with a belt because I really do like it.

That's a wrap! Over the weekend I heard from someone in the community at Effortless Anthroplogie that the Marine Mural Dress had received a 3rd price cut and I scored one from a store over in PA and it's now on it's way to me.
I can't really wear this now, but I'm in love with it and I couldn't bear to pay even $59.95 for it, but $29.95 is amazing! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this dress and I am now the owner of 3 Nathalie Nété pieces. An art junkie? YES.

I'm now obsessed with getting my hands on a Salty Seas Dress. There are a few on eBay, but I KNOW it's $29.95 now. What are my chances of scoring one through CS? Late to the party...late to the party. But I HAVE to have this now. I live in New England for goodness sake!!! Anyone seen any kicking around in stores?

 
Next up? Sale reviews!

7 comments:

  1. So awesome that you could get the Mural dress for so cheap! It was so crazy expensive to start out with.
    Kristina J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great buy on the Marine Mural Dress! I haven't seen any Salty Seas around lately but will keep an eye out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Wildflowers top is all sorts of awesome...that's going on my wishlist for sale time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. were there many of the bianka blousese in the color you tried on? which store were you at? thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill, I was in the Cambridge, MA store. Call them, they might have some left!

    ReplyDelete
  6. were there many of the bianka blousese in the color you tried on? which store were you at? thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. So awesome that you could get the Mural dress for so cheap! It was so crazy expensive to start out with.
    Kristina J.

    ReplyDelete