Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Spending the last of the Giftcard! (Plus, Reviews)

I am a spoiled only child. With terribly indulgent, amazing parents.

My amazing mom, who is also a fashion addict gifted me a very generous Anthro Giftcard this Christmas. I have been having a really cruddy few days. I still don't have my car and taking the MBTA home and to work is SO DUMB. I live 5 miles away from my job and it takes nearly an hour and a half to do it on the T. The old saying: "You can't get there from here." is accurate. They tell me they are going to have my car ready by Thursday.

I have also overbooked myself for the next few weeks between my retail job, teaching, rehearsals, my outreach teaching job and the radio show. I have very little downtime which is causing me to to very grumpy and overtired. To boot, I still have to keep up with all the housework, cooking, and we have a leak in our bathroom, which isn't really being tended to. There are about a billion unanswered emails and I'm just about to scream. After work today, I decided to head to Anthro for some much deserved retail therapy since so many things went on sale today! It's almost too good to be true! There are also TONS of second cuts, so check your wishlist carefully ladies!

So I tried on some things today! Lots of old and new things! Let's get to the reviews, shall we?





I was so excited to see the new green color in the store (sorry it looks brown. The white balance setting on my camera was on "auto" at the time, which...never looks honest). It's absolutely lovely and soft. Much thinner than I would have thought. This is NOT a substantial cardi at all, but it's very pretty. I had high expectations for it, but I was disappointed. I am a very patient button-er, but this cardi was trying my patience to the Nth degree. This is the size small and it was well-fitted with the exception of the shoulders. They were a little big for a munchkin like me. I will pass on this unless someone hands it to me on the street because it really is gorgeous.



This did not disappoint! When this appeared on the website, I was immediately drawn to it. It is the embodiment of cuteness and fabulousness in one. It's hard to tell from the website, but the birds are green and cream, just like the green sash. They are ADORABLE and I nearly walked out with this dress. The fit is great and I didn't worry about it falling down once the sash was tied. I would definitely wear a more padded bra with this if you don't have a lot up top. I could have used a little more va-va-voom in the bodice, but it was so cute. I didn't really have anywhere to wear it immediately and I had other things I wanted to buy, but wishlisted for sale! (or for when I cave)

Esmerelda Dress $158
 
Girls From Savoy has been amazing for me this year at Anthropologie. Here is another really cute dress. The print is REALLY pretty. The dress is flowy and very, very comfy and great fitted and wonderful to wear. I don't think I will ever by this dress because I think it makes my petite frame look ultra small, but if you love this, you should snap it up! It's a great dress!


Mystery Chemise $68
*Identified as the Camera Obscura Chemise by Eloise. Special thanks to Mich from The Top Drawer!



 Anthro Boston's personal shopper, Jeanne Mooney (who is AWESOME and super sweet) grabbed this for me to try on. I don't think it's on the website yet and we think it's going to be in the sleep and lounge area, but it's super cute and I wanted to share it with you. The bodice is well-fitted and the straps are silky and wonderful. It's amazingly adorable and cute, but I have to be honest. When I stuck my hand in the pocket, it already had a hole in it and it came straight out of the stockroom! There may be some quality issues, but it might be a bad batch or something. There would be nothing to stop you from wearing this as a dress in summer and at $68, the price is right.






I passed by this several times on the website and in the store, but today I thought I'd try it on and I was very plesantly surprised! I find this dress to be very flattering and amazingly well-fitted TTS. It was the sleeper hit that looks better on than on the hanger. The price is on par with Corey Lynn Calter pieces, so it's a little out of my price range at full price. Better wait for the sale on this one, but it's just darling. Wishlisted for sometime when I have money!

I ended up picking some pieces I never thought I would buy:

Easy Keeper Skirt $79.95

Norwegian Woods Skirt $49.95

Naturally Sweet Sweater $89.95
...and a Refined Cord Dress in Red. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the navy one, so I promised myself, I could only buy a red one if it was on sale. The gray is awesome, but too much like the navy. I have been waiting for that little adorable LiaMolly cardigan to go on sale forever and it's just so cute and well made. The Easy Keeper Skirt I'm still unsure about. I love Tracey Reese and I love this skirt, I'm just confused about how to style it. We'll see...

I'm spent! OOTD return tomorrow! Did you guys score any good deals today??! Happy Tuesday everyone!

15 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reviews - I am in love with the Sing Sweetly Dress too and it looks fantastic on you! REALLY? The Easy Keeper Skirt wasn't too long? I'm dying to see - I've always just written it off, but it's a gorgeous skirt and I can't wait to see it on petite little you! I'm sorry everything is crazy busy right now - hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jan! Thanks so much! The dress is so adorable isn't it? I am dying to have it, but I just don't know where I'd wear it.

    The Easy Keeper Skirt, I'm not completely sold on. I'm going to have it try it with some things in my closet...I might not keep it (ironic, considering the name). At $80, it should be amazing...I'm gonna have to sleep on it. It's knee length for me, which isn't bad. My short torso/long leg combination lets me get away with some things that should be too long on someone my height...not everything of course, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chemise with the polka-dot skirt is the Camera Obscura Chemise, it's on the website in the lounge section. I really want to try it on now, it's so cute on you. My favorite is the Color Dipped Dress, though, that's gorgeous on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah!!! Mich! Thank you so much! I knew someone would know. It's WAY cute despite my qualms about quality. The Color Dipped Dress is totally to die-for. I didn't think I'd like it so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw you look great in those! The colour dipped dress really is fantastic, everyone looks so...fantastic in it. Great choices for your gift cards, I hope you keep the easy-keeper skirt, I think it is just so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you see any more of the Lia Molly sweater (size small) in your store?
    When did it go on sale? Ugh! Thanks, SK

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kay, thanks for these reviews. I love the Sing Sweetly dress on you - everything is so adorable about it from the print to the sash. Let's hope it makes it to sale in your size! I'm keeping my eye on that one too.
    The Color Dipped Dress is such a perfect fit on you. I didn't really care for it much due to the print, but it actually looks better on a real person.
    Btw- just noticed your new header (seems like everyone has updated their blogs!) - looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you scored the refined cord dress in red?! Ooh, lucky!!!!

    And I hope you snag the color dipped dress when it hits sale - I think the cut, color and overall fit look smashing on you! And you could make it season appropriate and wear your navy refined cord open and over it, then belt it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for all of your reviews! I'm close to your size so I really appreciate you taking the time to do them.

    I love the Esmerelda dress! I'm dying to swing by my local store and try it on. Keep your fingers crossed that it won't be too long on me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey SK, it went on sale yesterday and the Boston store did still have a couple of smalls! I'm sorry it took so long to get back to you. Call them, they might still have them!!!

    Jen, I agree with you about the dress not impressing except in person. I walked past it so many times and went; "Meh." Now, I HAVE TO HAVE IT. The fit is so PERFECT and it's comfy too. I didn't feel like it was going to fall off. Darn that Corey Lynn Calter and her beautiful designs!

    Lisa, awesome! I could totally copy the catalog again! I love doing that, LOL. Anthro's stylying is kind of amazing.

    Saya, you're welcome! :) The Esm. Dress is really, really comfy and swingy. It makes you want to spin! I need a more full skirt because I have no hips, so I won't be getting it, but I want to see other ladies in it! I hope you get to try it soon, I think you'll be pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love the things you bought! They're so great - can't wait to see them in outfits. And that chemise - SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the great reviews! Please keep them coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I love the things you bought! They're so great - can't wait to see them in outfits. And that chemise - SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The chemise with the polka-dot skirt is the Camera Obscura Chemise, it's on the website in the lounge section. I really want to try it on now, it's so cute on you. My favorite is the Color Dipped Dress, though, that's gorgeous on you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Jan! Thanks so much! The dress is so adorable isn't it? I am dying to have it, but I just don't know where I'd wear it.

    The Easy Keeper Skirt, I'm not completely sold on. I'm going to have it try it with some things in my closet...I might not keep it (ironic, considering the name). At $80, it should be amazing...I'm gonna have to sleep on it. It's knee length for me, which isn't bad. My short torso/long leg combination lets me get away with some things that should be too long on someone my height...not everything of course, LOL.

    ReplyDelete