Saturday, October 16, 2010

Tons o' Reviews!

Good Evening, Anthro Fans! I have got some reviews for you! Some old items, some new items...mostly adorable! Here we go!

Lucerna Dress $128 Velvet



This little jersey dress is JUST DARLING. It didn't do much for me on the hanger, but on, it's simply adorable and flattering. $128 is more than I'm willing to pay for a jersey dress, so it's wishlisted for sale.

Collector's Cardigan $168 Knitted and Knotted




This cardigan is one that caught my eye when it popped on to the website, but did not impress me in person. It's adorable and the hand-painted flowers are lovely, but it seems a little short. I wished it was 3 inches longer at the bottom so that the flare was more pronounced. It seems a little pricey at $168, wait for the sale if you love it.


In The Trees Skirt $158 Floreat



I know I'm late to the party on this one and I'm probably the last blogger to try it on. I didn't think much of this at all before. It seemed interesting...kind of. When I tried this on, I absolutely fell in love with it! It's so adorable and I can't believe the 0P is sold out online! If you are petite, you would probably be better off ordering the Petite size or having this altered. I think this skirt is pretty adorable, but I don't think it's $158 worth of adorable. Wishlisted for sale time!

Humbled Hydranga Top $68 C. Keer

I'll be quick. I hate this. It's not a flattering shape and when you raise your arm, the top comes with. See? Plus, an ugly gray. If you love this, wait for the sale as $68 is unfair for something that fits weird.

Deuxhill Cowlneck $88 Odille




I already reviewed this blouse once when it was only available in one colorway, but I was thrilled when I got an email saying that there were 2 more colors available! When I saw the new turquoise color in the store in my size, I grabbed one to try on. Last time, I wasn't even able to try on a 0, so this is almost like a first review. Anyway...I still LOVE this blouse. It's very flattering and looks good tucked in to a pencil skirt. I think it's worth the $88 since it's silk and well-made. Plus, I just have a feeling it will become harder and harder to find one as time marches on. I think it's worth the splurge!

Jacinth Sweaterdress $168 Isabella Sinclair




An adorable little sweater dress that's VERY comfortable. It doesn't look as amazing on me as it did in the model shot, but it's cute and it would be improved with a belt. For some reason, on the product shot and the model shot, it flares out at the bottom, but I didn't find the fit to be like that. I would have liked it better if it did. It's still cute though!

Konnichiwa Sweater $128 Sparrow

Bleh. Looks cute in the product shot. Adds 15 lbs to you when you put it on. I couldn't get this off fast enough. Horrible.

Wightwick Manor Dress $128 Maeve


I was pleasantly surprised when I picked up this dress and discovered it was corduroy. I love Maeve. I love cord. I love dresses. I wanted to love this one. I just...don't. It fits funny (it's a little big) and would only look great with the waist cinched with a belt. The pattern bothers me slightly also. It's a tad overwhelming for someone of my stature. Again, maybe a belt and some hemming would help it. It's a fair pricepoint at $128 and it feels nice and is comfy. I may reconsider this at sale time.

And there you have it! Hope everyone is having an awesome weekend!

7 comments:

  1. My head is spinning from all the fab reviews. And no you are not the last blogger to review the In The Trees Skirt. That honor is given to me. I sure hope it makes sale soon.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just picked up the In the Trees Skirt, compliments of my office that allowed me to expense new outfits after my luggage was lost! My fave of the bunch on you is actually the jacinth sweater dress. I love its simplicity and the color is great for fall. Thanks for the review... was curious about that last shirtdress. Does it fit differently than the refined cord dress? I tried that one, and it wasn't pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I didn't know there were dots on the hydrangea top. I was interested in this top b/c it was one of the lower price point tops...Glad you reviewed this! Saved me a return!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And also...thank you for reviewing the cowlneck. usually when i hear cowlneck, i think that it's going to choke me, but it was really nice to see the generous drape in the front and back. you rock! - alexis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura, You're welcome! I also hope the skirt makes it to the sale soon! Isn't it about due?

    Cat - Ah! Nice score! Have you STILL not gotten your luggage at all? The Refined Cord didn't work for you? The Wightwick is like...fitting a bit like the Dagmar, but unfortunately for me, a bit bigger. Something about it just seemed off to me...I need to try it with a belt. It might be better on a taller person! I'm a squirt!

    Alexis - Yeah, the Hydranda Top does have little white dots on it and it fits weird. But the cowlneck is SUPER comfy and soft. A winner!!! Glad I could help!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And also...thank you for reviewing the cowlneck. usually when i hear cowlneck, i think that it's going to choke me, but it was really nice to see the generous drape in the front and back. you rock! - alexis

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just picked up the In the Trees Skirt, compliments of my office that allowed me to expense new outfits after my luggage was lost! My fave of the bunch on you is actually the jacinth sweater dress. I love its simplicity and the color is great for fall. Thanks for the review... was curious about that last shirtdress. Does it fit differently than the refined cord dress? I tried that one, and it wasn't pretty.

    ReplyDelete