Sunday, September 26, 2010

OOTD: Weaving-the-Ring of Remaining Lilies

Happy Sunday everyone! Today's outfit is very Mad Men inspired even though I haven't seen one second of the show. I'm afraid to watch it because it will be just ONE MORE show that I am committed to watching when I already watch too much TV already. This is what I wore at my church gig today.


Anthro: Remaining Lilies Cardi (now $70), Anthro: Weave-The-Ring Skirt, Wedges: Joe Campbell

I can't tell you how much I love both of these pieces. I tried on the Weave-The-Ring Skirt this summer, but was forced to leave it in the store in favor of another piece I wanted more. When my wedding anniversary came around, my husband bought it for me, along with the Blooming Lattice Cardigan! I love the way that the buttons are on the side! I know some ladies hate this and wear them in front, but I think it's funky and fun to have them off to the left! And I love the little petticoat action that's going on underneath it, plus, it's plaid which for me is always a plus.

I didn't really mean to buy the Remaining Lilies Cardi, it just jumped into my hand at the store. I really wasn't all that into it, but I tried it on and it was all over. This is my 3rd Field Flower cardi and they are all cut so beautifully and are so flattering. This little cardi is packed with amazing little details from the navy ribbon accents to the little applique petals on one sleeve only. I can't believe this wasn't on my wishlist! It's on sale right now, so grab one while they're still around!

It's Sunday night, so that means we'll be broadcasting a brand new Dereck and Kay Show on Blog Talk Radio at 6pm-7pm! Please check it out or listen to a past episode on the website. It's a stupid show, but we have fun! Enjoy the rest of your weekend ladies!

4 comments:

  1. Kay,

    I love the Cardi. And it's perfect with the plaid skirt. I really wasn't sure how I would have styled it. You did it perfectly.

    I decided to pass on the Cardi for a $70 on sale Leifsdottir Vintage Dots Skirt (was $198) in Light Blue. The Cardi is still in my Wish List. Maybe I will fall into some money before it sells out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute outfit! I love how you styled it.

    I love how the cardi jumped into your hand at the store! That happens to me ALL the time, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Weave the Ring skirt is one of my absolute favorite Anthro releases this year. And it looks great paired with the Remaining Lillies cardi! (Also with the Blooming Lattice cardi -- your husband is a smart man ;))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kay,

    I love the Cardi. And it's perfect with the plaid skirt. I really wasn't sure how I would have styled it. You did it perfectly.

    I decided to pass on the Cardi for a $70 on sale Leifsdottir Vintage Dots Skirt (was $198) in Light Blue. The Cardi is still in my Wish List. Maybe I will fall into some money before it sells out.

    ReplyDelete